New Delhi. 12th November, 2009.
Colombian minister of foreign affairs Dr. Jaime Bermudez Merizalde and minister of trade Dr. Luis Guillermo Plata visit India in the wake of 50 years of bilateral relations between India and Colombia.
Both the Ministers had multiple activities on their agenda:
- Both the Ministers discussed with Mr. S. M. Krishna, the Indian Minister of External Affairs, the new phase of bilateral, economic and cultural relations between the two countries.
- Dr. Bermúdez signed an agreement with the Indian Minister of Science and Technology, Mr. Prithviraj Chavan, an agreement to promote the cultivation and uses of bamboo.
- Later on, both the Ministers signed and agreement in the Udyog Bhavan along with Indian Minister of Commerce, Mr. Anand Sharma that protects the foreign investors’ interests in either of the countries.
- In the evening Dr. Bermúdez inaugurated the new office of the Embassy of Colombia in New Delhi.
- An agreement between NASSCOM and its Colombian counterpart ANDI.
- The next day Dr. Bermúdez pronounced a lecture in ICWA Sapru House about why Colombia is a trustworthy business destination for the Indian Businessmen.
- The visit finalized with the Minister inaugurating the exhibition of a Colombian artist Claudia Hakim at the National Gallery of Modern Art.
From the Embassy of Colombia
New Delhi, India